Boom Racing Land Rover Series III 109 Pickup
Commonly referred to as Series Land Rovers, it is arguably one of the world’s most iconic vehicles ever made. Produced from 1971 to 1985, the Land Rover Series III is unshowy, unpretentious, and classless; it is the car that you can arrive with at Buckingham Palace, a rural farm, or an inner-city estate.
The Boom Racing Land Rover Series III project began with the BRX02 Leaf chassis as a starting platform with a 334mm wheelbase.
What's new on the BRX02 109 chassis:
- BRX80 high pinion Scale PHAT™ axles w/ AR44 heavy-duty triangulated helical cut 30/8T gears
- B2X™ anti-torque twist aluminum transfer case (Overdrive-Ready)
- Billet aluminum 6mm chassis rails for superior strength and chassis rigidity
- Forward stainless steel ESC mounting plate
- KUDU™ 80mm Scale Shock Dampers
- Classic aluminum front and rear bumpers for Series Land Rover®
- Molded nylon front and rear skid plate sliders
- SLR™ 1.9” Classic Steel Wheels w/ caps and scale hardware
- XT502-Pin aluminum wheel pin hub
- Mileage Classic 1.9" Scale Crawler Tire Gekko™ Black 3.82"x1.0" (97x26mm)
- Optional molded nylon front and rear inner fenders
- Optional molded nylon center-side skid plate
Additional BRX02 109 Chassis Features:
- Highly proportional, performance-based realistic scale crawler chassis
- Centralized weight and drivetrain layout for a well-balanced chassis setup
- Proven robust drivetrain for maximum durability and performance
- Transmission: BCF2™ 2-speed Hi-Lo gears with remote shifting
- Front and rear realistic steel leaf spring suspension
- KUDU™ 110-130mm heavy-duty steel CVD drive shafts
- Chassis-mounted servo setup
- High-clearance skid plate for superior crawling capability
- Ready for Internal Servo Winch Kit [BRD90110036]
- JX Waterproof Metal Gears Mini Servo for remote 2-speed shifting
- A proprietary silicone-sealed watertight receiver box keeps the receiver dry
- Complete high-performance rubber-sealed bearings
- High-grade 12.9 alloy steel nickel-plated screws
BRX02 109 Specifications:
- Length: 538mm / 21.18"
- Width: 195mm / 7.68"
- Height: 138mm / 5.44"
- Wheelbase: 334mm / 13.15"
- Track Width: 160mm / 6.30"
- Axle Clearance: 30mm / 1.18"
- Skid Clearance: 50mm / 1.97"
- Weight: 2115g / 4.66lbs
- Shock Length: 80mm / 3.15"
- Motor Size: 540/550 (not included)
- Gear Pitch: 9T 32P Pinion/Spur, 48P T-Case (9-14T)
- Drive System: full-time shaft-driven 4WD
- Steering: chassis-mounted servo
- Suspension: front and rear leaf spring suspension with dampers
- Officially licensed by Jaguar Land Rover
- Approved by Jaguar Land Rover for quality and scale accuracy
- Fully molded ABS hard body construction
- Extremely detailed body lines and realistic proportions
- The body is constructed like the 1:1 truck using multiple scaled-down panels
- Your choice of hardtop and convertible, both included
- Adjustable flip-down windscreen with hinges
- Bulkhead vent flaps can flip open and stay in position
- Opening hood, doors, and tailgate with door hinges
- Stainless steel front radiator wire grill
- The engine air intake has right and left openings; your choice to build a diesel or gasoline engine Series 3
- Full interior with a dash, floor panel with seats, gear stick, hi/low stick, 2WD/4WD stick, handbrake, pedals
- ABS-molded clear windows
- Adjustable seat position to fit different figure sizes
- Molded rubber side mirrors for durability
- Side mirrors can be mounted in two locations, it’s your choice!
- Molded adjustable wipers and door handles
- The rear bed has ten attachable side rope hooks
- Chrome parts including mirrors and front light buckets
- Full light buckets (ready for 13 LEDs); 2x main headlights, 2x front side lights, 2x front amber signal lights, 2x rear stop lights, 2x rear amber signal lights, 1x reverse light, 1x rear fog light, 1x license plate light
- Optional KUDU LED Body Light Kit (est. mid-May 2023)
- Optional dash KUDU LED Dash Light Kit (est. mid-July 2023)
- The key with the classic Land Rover emblem for door opening
- Full-scale screws with tools
- The full decal sheet and manual