How To Install An Internal Winch In A Boom Racing BRX01
Since the release of the new KUDU Bumper Kit, we've been asked how to integrate an internal winch with the Bumper Kit. Below is a list of parts you will need for the BRX01, with an internal winch and the KUDU Bumper Kit.
You will need:
- BRX01™ Chassis Kit (#BR8001 or #BR8002)
- KUDU™ High Clearance Bumper Kit #BRLC7094
- Muscle Winch™ #BR-36SW or any internal winch of your choice
- PYTHON™ BLACK BR-45WP HV Waterproof 45kg/0.11s @8.4v Axle Mounted Servo #BRT10043
- Pass-Thru Aluminum Front Body Mount #BRLC7098
- 4-Link Conversion Kit for BRX01 #BRLC7079
- 9T (Smallest) Pinion Gear BRPG3209-3
At the moment of this article, the only way to use KUDU Bumper Kit with an internal servo winch is to move the steering servo from the chassis (CMS) to the front axle. You can achieve this by using the Boom Racing PYTHON BLACK axle-mounted servo and convert the truck to a 4-link setup.
Switching the servo from chassis mounted to axle mounted requires the change in suspension geometry setup from 3-link (CMS) to 4-link (servo-on-axle) setup.
Follow the steps:
- To be able to mount the PYTHON BLACK axle-mounted servo BRT10043, rotate the BRX01 motor mount upside down and use the smallest pinion gear (9T) BRPG3209-3 to get the maximum clearance for the servo.
- Adjust the shocks to a slightly higher position based on your setup
- Replace the front body mount with the Pass-Thru Aluminum Front Body Mount BRLC7098
- Install the 4-Link Conversion Kit for BRX01 BRLC7079
- Install the internal servo winch replacing the steering servo
We hope this installation helps! Please feel free to leave your questions and comments below.
Flip the motor mount upside down and use the smallest (9T) pinion gear to get the maximum clearance for your servo-on-axle setup.
Install the PYTHON Black Servo on the axle.
Replace the steering servo with the Muscle Winch (or any other internal winch of your choice).
Install the 4-Link Conversion Kit for BRX01.
Install the Pass-Thru Aluminum Front Body Mount.
Install the KUDU Bumper Kit and the conversion is complete.